Craftsy Class: Zip It Up! and a Giveaway
Lazies, My Craftsy class ‘Zip It Up: Easy Techniques For Zippered Bags’ has launched! Zip It Up is a great foundation class to build your zipper and bag-making skills. We’ll make three small bags, where you’ll learn a variety of techniques. I also share my shortcuts and tips that make construction easy and give my creations a professional look. Read on for details, a 50% off link for enrollment, and a giveaway.
About ‘Zip It Up’
Join me in making three of my favorite zippered bags: Runaround, Nickita and our new Bendy, all shown below.
Zip It Up class enrollment Includes:
7 high def video lessons totaling 2 3/4 hours of Lazy goodness
Class materials: resources and PDF download patterns for all three projects
(This class is the only place to get Bendy as a PDF download!)
Personalized guidance from me for your questions
Opportunity to share pics of your class projects with me and other students
What I Cover In Class
Three bag projects from start to finish
Three different zipper installation techniques
All my juicy tips and tidbits along the way
– Choose and fuse fleece
– Choose the right presser feet
– Determine needle position for seams and topstitching
– Working with directional fabric
– Tips for fabric alignment
– Accurate rotary cutting technique
– Create a strap and handle
– Using scotch tape instead of pins
– Secure stitching at corners
– Stitch over zippers
– Manage bulk at seams
– Work with landmarks in your project
– Boxed corners: matching, single, notched, folded
– Add a zipper casing
– Pressing techniques for small projects, shape and finish
– See how I assess and manage my work throughout each project
Giveaway and Discount
UPDATE: This giveaway has ended and the class is closed to new enrollments.
The link above will take you to the class page at Craftsy where you can watch the introduction video, read the class/lesson descriptions and enroll at 50% off.
I don’t travel around and teach much any more. So this is an opportunity to join me in class from the comfort of your own home and jammies.
Subscribe to receive emails for my blog and newsletters about new patterns and project ideas.
Like and share this post with your stitchy friends.