The New Look of Lazy Girl Designs

Lazies, I’m excited to announce that Lazy Girl Designs is getting a make-over.

Logo Redesign
First up is our logo. This make-over is something I’ve wanted for years, I just hadn’t found the right designer. Until recently. After months of back and forth, trying lots of ideas, I decided on the new look for Lazy Girl Designs.

Here is the new logo below:

Here’s the current logo below:

Try, Try Again
We tried all sorts of things, a few different fonts, a couple of different layouts. I kept coming back to the simple combination of fonts and text layout above.

Want a peek at some of the things we tried? Here are just a few of the mock-ups we considered along the way:

The periwinkle color from these mock-ups didn’t make it to the final logo. But you can expect to see it again in other Lazy things. More on that in the coming weeks.

Website and Blog
Next on the list is the website and blog. They’ll be integrated into one cohesive site with the same look and feel.

The redesign is currently underway and we are probably two months from launching the new redesign. I’ll keep you posted.

In the meantime, you’ll start seeing the new logo pop up here and there as it is integrated into all things Lazy.

Lazies, what do you think? Do you like the new logo?

[tags]lazy girl designs[/tags]

65 Responses to “The New Look of Lazy Girl Designs”

1. JAckie Duncan — April 28, 2008 @ 7:28 am

Love it, love it, love it !!!!!

2. Anne — April 28, 2008 @ 7:34 am

I LOVE the new logo! I also LOVE the periwinkle color, so I’m glad to hear you will be using it elsewhere. I can see why your decision was so difficult.

3. Gwyneth smith — April 28, 2008 @ 7:34 am

Love it

4. Erin Robinson — April 28, 2008 @ 7:44 am

I like it! I will say I like the idea of color as well. I polled the family, including my merchant husband, and the flower won, the spill-over oval next. A signature color is just so great for finding those patterns in a mixed display. Any way you go looks good!

5. Mary Gallagher — April 28, 2008 @ 7:45 am

Love the new logo! Fun, independent,sassy, yet still feminine. Look forward to seeing the transformation.

6. Maura — April 28, 2008 @ 7:47 am

Joan, I love the crisp, clean, easy to read design.
    Congratulations on your great site.

7. Anita McTighe — April 28, 2008 @ 7:53 am

I like the new design very much.

8. Debbie — April 28, 2008 @ 7:58 am

Love you, Love the logo, Love your patterns.

But I received the email three times not sure why that wold happen, never has before?
    – – – – –
    Hi Debbie,
    Thank you for letting me know about the multiple emails you received. You are the second person today to mention multiple emails.

I will contact the service that sends out my emails and let them know. Hopefully they know about the problem and are working on it.

Thanks again,

9. Mary Ann Dove — April 28, 2008 @ 8:00 am

I like the new design. It is crisp, clean and uncluttered. But I like black and white. It also makes me feel less like I need new glasses with the cleaner logo. Of course, my granddaughter (age 10) likes, the last one with the blue flower. And they are the new age to contend with!

10. Cindy — April 28, 2008 @ 8:05 am

I think it looks fabulous and I love the periwinkle blue.

11. Cindy Key — April 28, 2008 @ 8:11 am

I love the new logo! I love the ideas & everything else that I’m just too lazy to list. ; )

12. Paula S — April 28, 2008 @ 8:21 am

It’s refreshing, it’s bold, it’s Joan!!!!!!!! I too like the periwinkle, especially the oval design

13. Doris Steele — April 28, 2008 @ 8:23 am

It’s good but the old logo is too. Doris

14. Kathleen Renno — April 28, 2008 @ 8:24 am

I like the first one..so clear and bright..and I love your purses..have three of the patterns..Kathleen

15. Donna Bruno — April 28, 2008 @ 8:28 am

Nice new font! Crisp! Classy! Professional! Like it a lot!

16. Sharon M. — April 28, 2008 @ 8:29 am

Nice design but like the periwinkle color to be somewhere.

17. Nancy Erskine — April 28, 2008 @ 8:39 am

Hi! I like the new logo but love the ‘perky’ one with the periwinkle flower the best.

I have a BUNCH of your patterns. Now….to find the time to MAKE some of them

Nancy

18. carol — April 28, 2008 @ 8:53 am

love it! but I like the periwinkle & flower too.

19. Tracey — April 28, 2008 @ 9:07 am

Hi Joan! I like the font – swingy, sway-y – like a hammock on a lazy day. I like the peri and the flower too, but I’m sure the final product is even better.

20. Karen L. — April 28, 2008 @ 9:41 am

Joan ~ I love your new logo! Of course, I love your site too. Have a great week!

Karen

21. Susie — April 28, 2008 @ 9:42 am

Love the new logo, but I think the flower would be a great addition. So cute!

22. Janice — April 28, 2008 @ 9:43 am

Hi Joan,

I love the selected script as the look of it gives a LAZY feeling. However, for me, I think the flower or at least some color (as previously mentioned) would also make it quick to locate among the many patterns now available!
    Definitely, the perfect font!
    Love your patterns–I am currently working on the Chelsea purse. I have Town purses for all of the seasons and holidays. All of my thread is stored in the Thread Library which is also great to take to classes! And I have more of your purse patterns just waiting to be sewn!
    Keep up the great work!

23. Roni Hunt — April 28, 2008 @ 9:52 am

I love the new logo!! Great going!

24. Marty Hyne — April 28, 2008 @ 10:18 am

I like the new logo a lot, but the other three that you contemplated even more.
    Happy SPRING!

25. Barbara St.Martin — April 28, 2008 @ 10:18 am

Love the new LAZY LOGO with the new LAZY LETTERS!

26. Sue Lighthill — April 28, 2008 @ 10:27 am

Loved the new logo, and Just for fun, I highligted the whol e thing with a periwinkle color background and thought WOW, that would be easy to see on the pattern stand. Mind you I do not have trouble locating Lazy Girl patterns since that is what I look for first and have many of them already. I especially love Gracie and have made her several times …….Everyone Loves Gracie…..sounds like a Lazy Girl song, ey?????

27. Dionysia — April 28, 2008 @ 10:35 am

its lovely and i like the way you people do your “r”‘s in cursive.. here in australia, only people in their 70’s plus use that style..
    Look for ward to your next news..

28. Claudia Crump — April 28, 2008 @ 10:37 am

You always make me smile! Great job on logo!

29. Kim, Cheyenne — April 28, 2008 @ 10:38 am

Love the final pick you made for your NEW Logo, it is clean and I can really identify with it, will take less ink from my printer too when I print out your newsletters for my file!

But…the last one with the flower finishes it off really nice. I see why you had such a tuff time choosing…the one you chose is different from everyone elses I see on the net, cluttered, again clean….I LIKE IT!

STAY with the choosen…it really represent you, simple, easy and unique!

30. Denny — April 28, 2008 @ 10:39 am

I find that I am a visual shopper–and that color helps me find what I’m looking for. I didn’t realize it until I tried a local service for shopping online for groceries and, for some reason, the photos of the products wouldn’t appear on the screen. I got all kinds of weird stuff that I don’t usually buy because I couldn’t tell if it was the product in the red and green can.

So, if periwinkle helps people find your patterns, you might reconsider the color issue. Of course, if periwinkle raises the price of the patterns, that’s something else to think about, too.

I love the new design and the flower design just isn’t my thing, but it’s not my design. But I can see it as your style. But if it helps me find your patterns in a rack of patterns by all designers . . .

Good luck!

31. willa lewis — April 28, 2008 @ 11:03 am

Wow, nice change. I do love the peri flower and it looks like a lazy exclamation mark, if there is such a thing. The cursive font is a very nice touch. Most of us don’t even use our beautiful cursive penmanship skills, this may encourage someone to try it. Of course this is what most teachers would say. I think you should offer a key chain with your beautiful new logo so that we can recognize one another as lazies. thanks for the update, willa lewis

32. Toni — April 28, 2008 @ 11:21 am

Love the new look; however, I personally like the little flower — whether it’s periwinkle or some other color doesn’t matter.

33. Donna — April 28, 2008 @ 11:38 am

Love the new logo. I,m so glad I found your site. I really enjoy it.

34. Sequana — April 28, 2008 @ 12:17 pm

This new logo even LOOKS lazy…….*S*….the relaxed loops are so much less “tense” than the previous font…..

I really like it……

35. Robyn Kirk — April 28, 2008 @ 3:22 pm

Moving on Joan. Modernising. I love the loopyness of the new logo. Good on you for not resting on your laurels.

36. Alene Moulton — April 28, 2008 @ 4:24 pm

Very classy I really like it.
    Alene

37. Dee Hagen — April 28, 2008 @ 4:49 pm

The script in the new logo has a nice flow to it, but the old logo was very distinctive: it made a statement!!!!

38. Dee Hagen — April 28, 2008 @ 4:56 pm

The script in the new logo has a nice flow to it, however, I liked the old logo, it was very distinctive: it made a statement!!!! Love your patterns!!!!!

39. Anna — April 28, 2008 @ 5:21 pm

Great Logo

40. Janet Denson — April 28, 2008 @ 5:49 pm

I am a graphic designer. I like the new font. It is loopy and lay. But I prefer the third design with the periwinkle flower after the text. It makes it easy to identify with out “reading” the logo.

41. Donna from Texas — April 28, 2008 @ 6:16 pm

Love the new logo!! My favorite is the last one with the periwinkle flower
    at the end. But go girl, you ROCK! Love anything you do.!

42. Donna from Texas — April 28, 2008 @ 6:17 pm

Love the new logo !!
    My favorite is the last one with the periwinkle flower at the end.
    But you go girl, you ROCK !!!
    Love anything you do. !

43. Judy Bigelow — April 28, 2008 @ 6:26 pm

I love the new logo too! I can’t decide if I like the middle design with the oval or the 3rd one with the flower. Guess I lean toward the oval….and I really like the color. I’ll look forward to seeing it in the future.
    Judy

44. Linda Focht — April 28, 2008 @ 7:10 pm

I think the new logo liiks great. I bet it was a hard decision with so many fonts out there.
    Linda

45. Grace — April 28, 2008 @ 7:35 pm

Looks elegant, but “lazy”!!

46. Karen — April 28, 2008 @ 7:55 pm

I was soooo lazy…I just thought, “Whatever!” …

47. Patty Fairbairn — April 28, 2008 @ 8:51 pm

The new font is a natural. It fits perfectly.

48. carol — April 28, 2008 @ 11:33 pm

Isn’t it amazing how something looks good untill you see something better then it no longer looks that great. The new logo looks great.

49. Ruby — April 29, 2008 @ 9:55 am

I like the new look.
    Also like the periwinkle color.

50. Dennis — April 29, 2008 @ 12:37 pm

what about the men that might read your letters us LAZY MEN that sew ………..
    – – – – –
    Hi Dennis,

This is an excellent question. I prefer to think of Lazy Girl as a state of mind, therefor being gender-neutral. I realize it’s a hard-sell, but it’s all I have and I’m going to cling to it.

I’m proud to have you as a Lazy.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pingback: Purse Patterns, Tote Bag Patterns, Quilting and Sewing Patterns from Joan Hawley of Lazy Girl Designs