Meet Suzi: Purse Insert, Basket, Organizer

Lazies, My purse needs an inner purse. Something small to organize all the little loose things that migrate to the bottom of my purse. Something to make it easy to move my stuff from purse to purse. My stuff needs a keeper. Suzi to the rescue! Meet our soon-to-be-released Suzi Purse Insert pattern, item LGD129.

Suzi Purse Insert, Lazy Girl Designs item #LGD129.

Great Size
Suzi is designed to be big enough to hold and organize all the little loose things, yet small enough to allow room to use the inside purse pockets and carry other things like a water bottle, too.

Junk Drawer, Inner Purse, or Purse Insert
Suzi is perfect for all those essential extras we carry with us. Simply load your goodies to keep them tame in your current purse, then move Suzi while she’s still fully loaded to your new purse when needed. Or, since they are so simple and quick, make one for each purse.

Suzi offers two sizes: small and medium/large. Today we are showing the small size.

Here’s a top view of Suzi.
Suzi has one large front pocket and several inside pockets. This is the small size and measures: 3″ deep by 6 1/2″ wide by 4 1/2″ tall. The medium/large size is two inches wider at 8 1/2″.

Purse Contents:
Here are the contents of my purse.

Snack bar, Tea bags, Glasses wipe, Sunglasses, Small notebook, Hand sanitizer spray,
Lipstick, Marker, Phone, Nail file, Small Maggie with earbuds, Digital camera, Lip stuff and lipstick,
Wonder Wallet, Pencils and pens, Hand moisturizer, and Tissues.

Suzi to the rescue!
Yep, every last item fits into Suzi.

Here are a few more pics of Suzi.

Three bands of pockets shown, two inside and one outside.
Add a fourth band to the outside back if you like.

I can see it all, and access each item. That peanut toffee buzz snack bar is calling me.

Possibilities
Are you already dreaming of more possible uses for Suzi? She’s a great desktop organizer or basket. I already have a Suzi by my sewing machine, holding many of my sewing notions, rotary cutter, machine needles, point turner, etc, etc, etc…

A Quick Project
Best of all, Suzi is quick to make. With just two to three fat quarters of fabric and a bit of fusible interfacing, you’ll have your first Suzi made in no time.

More details about the following in future blog posts:
– Suzi’s two sizes: small (shown here today) and medium/large
– Which size Suzi to use with which Lazy bag
– Supply list
– Pics of Suzi in action inside a purse
– Release date (soon!) and pattern details

67 Responses to “Meet Suzi: Purse Insert, Basket, Organizer”

1. terri earl brooks — October 11, 2010 @ 7:32 am

Joan…too cool and this would be perfect for my son’s male teacher as an art tool organizer!! I was wondering which Lazy to make for him…..

2. Glenda in Florida — October 11, 2010 @ 7:34 am

I love Suzi! Can’t wait to get my hands on this pattern. Great job, Joan!

3. Wendy Arend — October 11, 2010 @ 7:34 am

Ok so now you are just being a big tease! No pattern yet? Please please please say you are working on digital patterns. Paper is so 1900’s. ;-)
    Footnote made a purse yesterday at a sew-in. Trying directions to say the least. No pics/drawings. When sewing buddies asked how it was going I kept saying “It’s not a Lazy girl pattern!” Everyone knows that means the directions are more challenging than the purse.

4. Oceanpeg/Peggy in NJ — October 11, 2010 @ 7:55 am

Susi looks great, Jean. Looking forward to getting your pattern for same.

5. Susie — October 11, 2010 @ 8:00 am

Awesome. You are SO creative,
    Susie

6. Sandy — October 11, 2010 @ 8:03 am

WOW Joan!! I LOVE Suzi !!!! That is what I really need in my purse, but I will need the LARGE one!! Ha Ha!! Can’t wait to get the new lady! Super job Joan!!

7. Denise W. — October 11, 2010 @ 8:04 am

This looks very handy! I guess it’s safe to admit it here… I have another pattern for one of these purse caddies, but all the parts and pieces have put me off of making it. Guess I’m Lazy through and through!

8. Caity O'Connor — October 11, 2010 @ 8:08 am

YAYNESS!! Exactly what I need – cos sometimes all the pockets in the other bags aren’t enough, and I like to transfer between bags!

9. OSU Mary — October 11, 2010 @ 8:15 am

I love that insert…..that’s what you wwere working on at Rita’s…..even better do I like the fact that you crammed it full and it still looks spiffy! And You have more stuff in your purse than I do! How did that happen?
    I love it…you go, Lazy Girl!

10. Edie J. — October 11, 2010 @ 8:21 am

Joan – You did it again!! Yaaaaaay!! Can’t wait to get rid of the assortment of little plastic bags I carry in my purses to organize things.

11. Judy Warehime — October 11, 2010 @ 8:21 am

This is just what I need…..can’t wait for its release! Thank you, Joan!

12. Becky — October 11, 2010 @ 8:23 am

I made another purse insert pattern and it went okay, but the number of pieces has put me off from making another one. Hope to see your pattern soon! Looks great!

13. denise/deBRAT — October 11, 2010 @ 8:23 am

Oh Joan! I have loved all of your previews of patterns, but this one? I am not showing any patience right now as i wait for Suzie’s release! Need a pattern tester?

have a great day and now back to reading about how to be patient when waiting for the next Lazy Girl pattern’s release and arrival!

denise/deBRAT tampa bay florida

14. Cathy S. — October 11, 2010 @ 8:27 am

I just emptied my bag onto the kitchen table this morning to find something. This is the perfect solution to that. Also, my camera is now in the larger Maggie. It works great to keep it from turning on in the bottom of my bag and running down the batteries.

15. Renea — October 11, 2010 @ 8:27 am

Bring it on….I need Christmas gifts!!!!!!!

16. Penny — October 11, 2010 @ 8:30 am

She is just sew organized!!! Tons of uses I can see in her as well as some stash downsizing on the fat quarters. Can’t wait to get her for Christmas presents!

Penny in gorgeous Chesapeake, VA

17. Marge — October 11, 2010 @ 8:32 am

Oh, boy! I know some friends who would love this! I am thinking that it is perfect for my makeup on the bureau! Joan, you are amazing! Thank you for sharing your creativity with the rest of us!!!

18. Catie — October 11, 2010 @ 8:36 am

Will the pattern be out in time for Holiday gifts? These would be great for the teachers!

19. Ginny Ettlemyer — October 11, 2010 @ 8:42 am

Love it!

20. Donna C — October 11, 2010 @ 8:53 am

I totally agree with Wendy above … really wish you would start offering downloadable e-patterns. That is pretty much the only way I buy patterns today. It cuts down on the clutter because they’re all kept on my computer (backed up nicely, of course). Pretty please?

21. Agneta Ekholm — October 11, 2010 @ 9:00 am

Great solution! Altough I would like some small handles on each side, like two squares, to make it easier to lift out of the bag. Just an idea!

Hugs
    Agneta in Sweden

22. Sharon Phagan — October 11, 2010 @ 9:01 am

Wow this one looks really easy comparied to the other one I have here that blows my mine just reading it. Can’t wait for it to hie the market. I will be buying it and useing it

23. Michelle — October 11, 2010 @ 9:01 am

I can’t wait to get this one! These little gems look like the greatest invention ever!

24. Nancy in MA — October 11, 2010 @ 9:08 am

Couldn’t Susie use a couple of little handles to help her hop from
    purse to purse?

Oops, I just looked up and saw that Agneta thought the
    same thing.

25. Kelly Smith — October 11, 2010 @ 9:10 am

I love it! I can’t wait to make one for my LG bag! (Shame on me, I forgot which one I have. It’s the one in your Twitter pic!) :)

26. arlene — October 11, 2010 @ 9:32 am

What a great add on to your pattern line. A very much needed purse organizer for all of us. Great for totes also!!
    Can’t hardly wait for the pattern to be released.

27. Kathlee B — October 11, 2010 @ 9:40 am

Looking forward to the info about which size for which LG bag.

28. Violet Marshall — October 11, 2010 @ 9:43 am

I can’t wait for this pattern, I have order several purse insert patterns, but they all seem to complicated for me to sew, so please hurry with this pattern. I love all Lazy Girl Patterns.

29. Kim — October 11, 2010 @ 9:46 am

I love this idea..I never can find anything in the bottom of my purse.

30. Jan Milton — October 11, 2010 @ 10:04 am

Joan: I have been looking for something like this for the longest time. Great pattern; can’t wait to start making them!!

31. Patricia "Pat" Hogge — October 11, 2010 @ 10:15 am

Ohhh Joan…I LUV LUV LUV this!!! ?

I remember that I asked you about a Purse/Tote Insert, a while back. I think that we were guessing who/what our lovely LG Margo would be, at the time. {*BIG GRIN*} Somehow…I just knew…that one day……you would come up with a GREAT Purse/Tote Insert Pattern for those of us who were asking for one. :-)

And…HERE SHE IS!! Our very own LG SUZI…&…what a CUTIE she is! I already know that SUZI will surely be added to my Lazy Girl pattern collection. “Thank You” sooo very much, Joan. You’re ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!

I bet that the Fall Quilt Market is going to “fall in love” with our new Lazy Girl SUZI.

HUGE HUGS!!! Patricia “Pat” Hogge in Bremerton, WA

P.S. I agree with Linda Kay. I also bought another pattern brand of Purse/Tote Inserts…in two different sizes. Probably the same pattern that Linda Kay purchased. I REALLY got lost in the directions…&…there were no clear photos to clarify those directions.

You, on the other hand, produce pattern designs with GREAT directions, which are always supported by superb easy-to-understand illustrations. Ohhh…I can’t wait to get my new SUZI pattern. :-) Sure hope we will have the pattern in time for Holiday Gift-Giving.

More HUGE HUGS!!!

32. Robbie Foster — October 11, 2010 @ 11:27 am

These will be great Christmas gifts. I am anxious for the pattern. I too bought another purse organizer pattern several years ago and after reading the pattern, it seemed too much trouble to do so I never made one. Pattern went into a give-away box. I can’t wait to buy the LGD pattern. Thanks.

33. Sherri — October 11, 2010 @ 11:39 am

what a wonderful idea Joan!!! you are one smart cookie!! can’t wait till this is released.
    thanks sooo much

34. Marion L — October 11, 2010 @ 11:49 am

Hope its out in time for that Holiday gift giving….oooooohhhh can’t wait!!! Love all your LZG bags. I am sure I have ech pattern and have made each one of them!!! You go girl! Keep ‘em coming!!

35. Judy S — October 11, 2010 @ 12:18 pm

I want it NOW! Please bring it out soon — I can think of so many places I can use this even before I get the pattern. Wonderful idea, thank you.

36. Gina.S — October 11, 2010 @ 1:09 pm

Another great pattern! I need to make one of these for my mom. I also want it NOW, hurry with the release please.

37. Peggy Miles — October 11, 2010 @ 1:13 pm

Honest to goodness, yesterday, I was thinking of making one of these and wondering where I could get a pattern. Also, where can I get the pattern for the wonder wallet? Thanks

38. Lynn — October 11, 2010 @ 1:21 pm

Really love the idea of a digital pattern. I purchase downloads all the time for knitting patterns. Joan, it’s time to get with it!!

39. Paula — October 11, 2010 @ 2:18 pm

I’m looking forward to this pattern coming out! I’m going to need to make a couple of these! Thank you!

40. Lisle — October 11, 2010 @ 3:44 pm

Hallelujah! That’s all I’m sayin’.

41. Donna — October 11, 2010 @ 4:35 pm

This is a fabulous idea and I’m so glad you came up with it. I’ve seen them for sale in a couple of stores in the past, but they were not reasonably priced. Now I can design and make my own. On another note, Joan, what would be your best recommendation for a fitted lining in purses. Mine sometimes has a tendency to be loose fitted.

42. Debbie Reaves — October 11, 2010 @ 4:40 pm

WOW! I can’t wait until the pattern is available for purchase. Please be sure to let us know.
    I’ve always wanted a “filing cabinet” for the inside of my purse and this looks like the answer. Whoo-hoo!

Thanks,

Debbie

43. Donna — October 11, 2010 @ 4:41 pm

Joan,

Will Suzi be coming out before Christmas?

44. Karen P — October 11, 2010 @ 7:14 pm

Another patttern for my lazy collection. This one looks great, I can’t wait to try it.
    I like to be organized and this looks perfect.
    Another great job Joan!

45. Leslie Schmidt — October 11, 2010 @ 7:21 pm

This is a gotta have idea! I recently made a purse that has interior pockets that are too shallow and everything falls out. Suzi will save me lots of frustration!

Thanks.

Leslie

46. Cecile — October 11, 2010 @ 11:20 pm

There you go again–you figure out just what I need before I do! Suzi is a must-have.

47. Patsy — October 11, 2010 @ 11:30 pm

I’m looking forward to having this pattern. And it is wonderful that it’s in 2 sizes. Way to go!

48. Din Milem — October 12, 2010 @ 6:23 am

I totally agree about the other insert! I’m in the midst of sewing it up as a birthday gift and feel like I’m back in the ’60s — notches, scissors, bad illustrations. It will NEVER be finished now! Thank you Joan!!!!!!

49. Carilyn Wright — October 12, 2010 @ 10:48 am

Love it…..a great new idea from a fellow artisan, and it is art when I look at your product!

50. Julie Drennan — October 12, 2010 @ 1:01 pm

Yes! I use a mini-Miranda in my Miranda, but Suzy will be even better. thanks, Joan!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pingback: Lazy Girl | Blog » New Design ‘Suzi’ Plays Well With Our Bag-E-Bottoms