These handy bags are perfect best friends to stow and go. Large Becca is adorned with a high-waisted fabric flange (shown in orange) to accent her beautiful style. Add easy grab tabs from leftover zipper bits.
With Lazy Girl’s One-Zip technique, cut a basic zipper apart, take off the pull, then stitch one side of the zipper tape in straight and flat. To finish, bring the ends together and use Joan’s easy trick to put the zipper pull back on to make these beautiful bags stand open.
Available in my Craftsy store here.
Important Zipper Notes:
– All zipper tape and pulls must be by the same manufacturer to work together. Example: only use YKK pulls with YKK zips. Some Coats & Clark zips are actually by Talon and will say so on the zipper pull or package.
– The One-Zip technique works with polyester, all-purpose, basic apparel zippers (size #3 or #4.5) by YKK, Coats & Clark, or Talon brands.
– One-Zip technique does not work with invisible, metal, sport weight or Sullivan’s brand zippers.
– Test zips and pulls to make sure they work together before installation.
– Extra YKK brand zip pulls (size #3) available from Atkinson Designs item ATK520 work with Atkinson Designs or YKK brand zips.
– Rotary cut project, no pattern pieces provided.
– Use 100% cotton quilting weight fabric.
Finished size approx: Small 6” x 4” x 1”, Large 8” x 6” x 2 1/2”