I absolutely adore the Chloe Handbag design. It’s a smallish-sized purse with a big appetite for adventure. Chloe features a premier location for embellishing, too. I challenged my friend Nancy Odom to create a Chloe for us – and look at the beauty she made.
Nancy used fabrics from her Azalea Trail line with P&B Fabrics. Here’s Nancy’s book, showcasing her beautiful fabric line.
Applique’ designs offer the opportunity to personalize any project and create your own ‘fabric’ by combining, layering and arranging other pieces of fabric. Applique’ design elements can be enlarged, reduced, repeated and mixed with other goodies such as fibers, beads, buttons and more.
Items Needed in Addition to Chloe Handbag Pattern and Supplies:
- Paper-backed fusible web.
- Fabrics for flowers, flower centers, and leaves.
- Cotton or embroidery thread.
Applique’ Embellishment How-To:
- Construct the Chloe Handbag to ‘Step 7 – Embellish to Your Heart’s Content!’.
- For quick-fuse applique’ technique use a paper-backed fusible web. For machine or hand stitching, use a lightweight fusible web. Please read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
1) Trace each pattern piece to the paper side of the fusible web. Cut out each pattern piece leaving a small margin beyond traced line.
2) Press to wrong side of applique’ fabrics. Using sharp paper scissors, cut out applique’ pieces on drawn lines.
3) Remove paper backing from applique’ pieces. A thin adhesive film will remain on the fabric. Refer to applique’ pattern and photo for suggested placement. Arrange applique’ pieces, adhesive side down, on the fabric in the ‘Embellishment Zone’. When applique’ pieces are in desired positions, press with iron to fuse according to manufacturer’s directions.
4) Use a good quality cotton or embroidery thread, matching the applique’ fabric colors. Stitch around each applique’ piece. Begin and end with 4 to 5 tiny straight stitches to lock threads. Complete bag as directed in pattern.
Click and print version of this project: Chloe Handbag with Nancy Odom Floral Applique
Other projects made using the Chloe Handbag pattern:
Subscribe to our blog so you don’t miss a juicy morsel.
Lazy Girl Designs
Images courtesy of Timid Thimble.
Print This Lazy Post