- Lazy Girl | Blog - http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/blog -
Get Lazy On Facebook
Posted By Joan Hawley On January 26, 2009 @ 8:43 am In Potpourri | 7 Comments
Lazies, Did you know I’m hanging out at Facebook? There is a lot of quilty stuff, and tons of quilty people hanging out with each other there.
I know, you are thinking ‘I don’t need another online social network to suck my day away’. I hear ya. But, it’s fun and I like seeing what everyone is up to. I’m hooked. And I’d love you to consider joining me there.
An example of why I like Facebook
Just this weekend, creative gal Yolanda Fundora (author, quilter, fabric designer, cool chick) gave us a sneak preview of her upcoming fabric line for Blank Quilting which will be introduced this fall. How cool is that?
Above is a computer generated rendering showing Yolanda’s ‘Garden Party’ fabrics on the Lazy Girl Designs Newport Tote and Gracie Handbag. Pretty cool. Love that limey green!
Go here to join facebook: www.Facebook.com 
You can join 1,400+ Lazies in the Facebook Lazy Girl group  and share pictures of your creations.
Join the company page for Lazy Girl here .
Then hop over to this helpful page: Facebook Getting Started Guide with links .
Also use the Help page  to search for more info any anything – or ask your Facebook friends.
What to do once you are there
- Search for your friends, family, favorite designers, companies: Clover Needlecraft, Pat Sloan, Kaye Wood, etc.
- Create a group or page for your guild, quilt shop, or family.
- Join pages for your favorite people, causes, etc: Alton Brown from Good Eats, Karina’s Kitchen for great recipes, Anti-GMO stop genetically modifying our food.
- Create an event. Putting a family picnic together? Create an event and everyone can tell you if they are attending and what they are bringing.
- Check out the applications. You can play a game, throw a snowball, send gifts, etc: I had lots of snowball fights this winter and got nice presents placed under my virtual Christmas tree.
Note: these fabrics are not yet available. They will be introduced this fall and usually shipped to quilt shops a few months after that.
You can follow along with Yolanda on her Visual Thinking blog here . Check the side bar of her blog for some of her cool creative endeavors – books, etc.
I hope to see you at Facebook.
Images courtesy of Yolanda Fundora .
Article printed from Lazy Girl | Blog: http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/blog
URL to article: http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/blog/potpourri/get-lazy-on-facebook
URLs in this post:
 www.Facebook.com: http://www.Facebook.com
 Facebook Lazy Girl group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7523938139
 company page for Lazy Girl here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lazy-Girl-Designs-Quilting-and-Sewing-Patterns/6021819060?ref=s
 Facebook Getting Started Guide with links: http://www.facebook.com/help/new_user_guide.php
 Help page: http://www.facebook.com/help.php
 Image: http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/gardenpartynavyolivecolorway.jpg
 Yolanda on her Visual Thinking blog here: http://www.visualthinkinginagarden.blogspot.com/
Copyright © 2009 Lazy Girl | Blog. All rights reserved.