- Lazy Girl | Blog - http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/blog -
Tutorial: How To Embellish With Fusible Thread
Posted By Joan Hawley On February 18, 2008 @ 5:33 am In Embellishments,Katy Bags Handbag Pattern,Tutorials | 9 Comments
Lazies, Here’s a creative and easy way to use a quilt design to embellish a purse.
Fusible decorative threads embellish this quilt pattern.
Quilt designs and stencils are guides for thread embellishments in the form of quilting. Although we usually quilt along these design lines, they can be used as a guide for any number of other embellishment techniques.
- Katy Bags pattern #121 from Lazy Girl Designs.
- Fabrics and supplies as listed on Katy Bags for one purse.
- Quilt design and marking pencil to transfer design.
- Mrs. K’s Iron-On threads in your choice of color and types.
- Clover Mini Iron.
- Applique (or other non-stick) pressing sheet.
- Construct the Katy Bags to ‘Step 7 – Embellish to Your Heart’s Content!’.
- Once you have found the embellishment zone, transfer a quilt design to the cover fabric.
- If you like, hold the project in place while you work by pinning it to your ironing board while you apply the iron-on threads.
Notice where threads start and stop. Notice how threads
fold back on themselves to make sharp turns.
- Follow the quilt design and fuse the decorative threads to your project. Take care to ensure that the ends of the threads are neatly tucked under an overlapping section. If you make a mistake, just re-iron and peel away while warm, reposition and iron again.
Threads overlap and fuse in place.
- Mrs. K’s Iron-On threads are fusible on both sides so you need to cover the thread with a non-stick pressing sheet while you fuse it in place. Because these threads are fusible on both sides, you can fold the threads for sharp design corners. Hand wash in cold water or dry clean. If threads come loose, fuse again to secure.
Finished Katy Bags design embellished with fusible threads.
Step By Step:
Kreinik offers a fabulous step by step tutorial to using their fusible threads at their website here. 
- Use quilt designs as the guide for any embellishment technique such as decorative stitches, fabric paint, fibers, bead work, buttons, chenille strips, or applique.
Thank you Jacqui for sharing your beautiful project with us.
Article printed from Lazy Girl | Blog: http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/blog
URL to article: http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/blog/pdf-files/how-to-embellish-with-fusible-thread
URLs in this post:
 Hantex Ltd: http://www.hantex.co.uk/
 Kreinik: http://www.kreinik.com/
 Katy Bags (LGD121): http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/images/Katy.jpg
 their website here.: http://www.kreinik.com/articles/news.php?newsid=31
 purse pattern: http://technorati.com/tag/purse+pattern
 quilt pattern: http://technorati.com/tag/quilt+pattern
 quilt stencil: http://technorati.com/tag/quilt+stencil
Copyright © 2009 Lazy Girl | Blog. All rights reserved.